Counseling for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If you are a parent are you looking for support and tools to help you or a loved one who is struggling with worry or fears?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you or a loved one deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem it treats the root issues and areas of avoidance.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Research based therapies that effectively treat anxiety disorders can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, get validation for where you are at, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, start enjoying areas of your life that you have been avoiding or not enjoying to the fullest and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
When you come in we will talk about the different anxiety treatment approaches, how and why they work, give you an opportunity to ask questions and identify individualized treatment goals together that will focus on your specific needs.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact Tara Kryman at Minds at Peace Therapy today for a free consultation or to schedule an intake appointment. You will have the option to choose from a virtual or in person appointment.